1. ST. OLAF ORCHESTRA PERFORMANCE
2. BOOSTER MEETING DATE CHANGE
3. TRIP CONTRACTS
4. REGION AUDITION INFORMATION
5. ALLIANCE HELPERS
1. ST. OLAF ORCHESTRA PERFORMANCE: a reminder that the St. Olaf Orchestra will be performing at AHS TOMORROW, Tuesday, October 18, at 7:00 pm!!! This is a fantastic opportunity to see a premier college orchestra performing right on our own stage! Admission is $10 for adults, and FREE for students with a student ID.
AHS Orchestra students may earn extra credit for attendance at this event! You must arrive before the start of the concert, stay for the entire performance, and get your ID scanned by an usher when entering and leaving the concert.
2. BOOSTER MEETING DATE CHANGE: due to the NHS Induction Ceremony, the booster meeting originally scheduled for Tuesday, October 25 has been rescheduled to Monday, October 24, at 7:00 pm in the AHS Orchestra Hall. We hope to see you there!!!
3. TRIP CONTRACTS: trip contracts for Branson 2017 are now available!!! If you have not yet picked one up, they are available in the Orchestra Hall, and on Charms. Contracts and first payments are due October 28. You don’t want to miss out!
Parent chaperones make these trips possible, and we need you! Chaperone applications and first payments are also due October 28. Chaperone packets are also available in the Orchestra Hall, and on Charms.
We are working to prepare the trip scholarship application, and will make it available to students as soon as it is ready. Please be aware that, while we will be able to offer some scholarship assistance, students should expect any available funds to cover only a portion of your trip.
4. REGION AUDITION INFORMATION: we will have All-Region audition information available for those students who signed up sometime this week. Students auditioning should bring their region music with them to class this week, and should expect some practice time. Students should also expect to play some portion of their audition for directors and/or for their peers in class.
5. ALLIANCE HELPERS: thank you SO much to everyone who volunteered your time and energy to help make Alliance a success!!! Everyone did such a fantastic job representing the AHS Orchestra, and we appreciate your willingness to help. We look forward to filling up the MANY slots needed for Colonial in the spring with such awesome parents and students!
Please let us know if you have any questions, and as always, thank you for your continued support of the AHS Orchestra!