1. ALLIANCE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
2. FALL CONCERT
3. SYMPHONY HONOR CONCERT
4. SPRING TRIP CONTRACTS
5. ST. OLAF CONCERT
1. ALLIANCE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: we still need volunteers for the Alliance Airshow!!! This is one of our few fundraisers, quickly approaching on October 15-16. 8a-5p each day at the Fort Worth Alliance Airport. NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!!! If you are available and can volunteer, please email Mrs. McInturf at firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability, and you will receive a response with details, forms, etc.
2. FALL CONCERT: our Fall Concert is quickly approaching! The concert is Wednesday, October 12, at 7:00 pm in the AHS Auditorium. Come see our students demonstrate the product of their hard work during the first six weeks! The concert is required for all students. Formal performance uniform. Student call time is 5:30 pm for members of Concert Orchestra, and 6:30 pm for members of all other orchestras. We look forward to seeing you there!
3. SYMPHONY HONOR CONCERT: the Symphony Orchestra Honor Concert is next Tuesday, October 11, at 7:00 pm at Trinity United Methodist Church. Student call time is 3:30 pm at Trinity UMC for rehearsal/sound check. Students will have time between rehearsal and the performance to change and eat. Formal performance uniform.
4. SPRING TRIP CONTRACTS: our Spring Trip to Branson, MO, on March 31-April 3 has been approved!!! We are working on trip contracts to send home, and hope to have them available for pickup at the Fall Concert. Stay tuned for more details!
5. ST. OLAF CONCERT: one of the nations premiere college orchestras, the St. Olaf Orchestra, will be performing at AHS on Tuesday, October 18, at 7:00 pm!!! This is a fantastic opportunity for students and members of the community to see a fantastic orchestra right here on our own campus! Tickets are $10 for adults, and FREE for students. All tickets will be general admission, and will be sold at the door. This concert is an approved Honors Credit performance.
Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for your continued support of the AHS Orchestra!