1. BOOSTER MEETING
3. POSTURE/POSITION TEST
4. REGION ENTRIES DUE
5. FALL OFFICER APPLICATIONS DUE
6. PRACTICE JOURNAL GRADES
1. BOOSTER MEETING: our first general booster meeting of the year is Tuesday, September 27, at 7:00p. The strength of our booster club is the parent members, so we hope to have a great turnout. See you Tuesday!
2. PASSOFFS: a reminder that the passoff deadline for this six weeks is FRIDAY, September 30, at 2:50p. Students who still need to demonstrate mastery will have an opportunity to play for a director in class next week, and may arrange to come in during plus period or before/after school. All incomplete passoff grades will be converted to zeroes in the gradebook on Monday, and will be changed to 100 upon completion of the passoff. We encourage all students needing to complete their passoff to take care of this early next week, rather than waiting until the last minute.
3. POSTURE/POSITION TEST: all students will be graded on demonstration of accurate posture/position at some point next week. This should be an easy 100 for all students, and is something we have been reviewing and reinforcing in all classes leading up to this assessment.
4. REGION ENTRIES DUE: region entries are due by Friday, September 30. Entry forms may be found on Charms.
5. FALL OFFICER APPLICATIONS DUE: applications for freshman and class representatives are due Monday, September 26. Interviews and voting will take place next week. We encourage any student interested in serving on the Orchestra Council to apply!
6. PRACTICE JOURNAL GRADES: the first practice journal was returned this week. We have found a small number on which we made addition errors, so we ask that all students check their grade to make sure it is correct. If you have any questions or aren’t sure if your grade is correct, please bring your journal to a director next week and we will be happy to check.
Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for your continued support of the AHS Orchestra!!!