1. TRIP CONTRACTS DUE
2. TRIP SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS
4. BARRAGE 8
5. GIFT CARDS
1. TRIP CONTRACTS DUE: a reminder that Branson 2017 contracts and deposits are due THIS FRIDAY! You don’t want to miss out on this awesome trip! If extensions due to pay dates, etc, need to be discussed, please contact Mr. Goins ASAP. Payments may be made by cash, check, or may be paid using credit card via the AHS website’s web store (choose Orchestra Trip from the options).
Parents, we need chaperones to make the trip possible! If you are interested in serving as a chaperone, please return the chaperone application and deposit by Friday, as well. Thank you!
2. TRIP SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS: our wonderful AHS Orchestra Boosters have a limited budget for student scholarships for Branson 2017. Applications are available as of today (copies available in the Orchestra Hall, and on Charms), and are due to Mr. Goins by Monday, October 31. Instructions are on the application.
3. MASQUERADE: our next social event is FRIDAY!!! Fun, games, food, a costume contest (school appropriate costumes ONLY), and a pumpkin decorating contest! The party will be in the AHS Cafeteria from 5-7 pm. Student items to bring for entry: Seniors, dessert items; Juniors, sodas; Sophomores, chips; Freshmen, paper plates, cups, or napkins. Don’t miss the fun!!!
4. BARRAGE 8: our next big event is the Barrage 8 concert at 7 pm on November 9!!! Barrage 8 is a professional touring group consisting of string players, percussion, guitar, dancing, singing, and more! Closer to a rock concert than a traditional orchestra concert, you don’t want to miss this awesome experience! Check them out on YouTube for a better idea of a Barrage 8 show. Tickets are available online at www.barrage8.com for the bargain price of $15 for adults, and $10 for students.
5. GIFT CARDS: our holiday gift card sale is taking orders now! Orders are due by November 18, and should be delivered in time for the holidays. A copy of the order form will be posted on Charms and the AHS Orchestra website soon. All proceeds from gift card sales go to the Orchestra Senior Scholarship fund!
6. ALL-REGION: on Saturday, October 22, students from the AHS Orchestra participated in the TMEA Region 5 All-Region Orchestra auditions, competing against students from Arlington and Fort Worth for a select number of chairs in the All-Region Orchestras. AHS students represented very well, with seven students earning chairs in the ensembles, and three earning places as alternates. Please congratulate Hannah Lei, Lyndsey Walker, Michelle Bui, Laura Britton, Kanchan Patil, Devlin Iboubi, and Jacob Moore for making All-Region, and Pilar Campos, Aida Olivas, and Tyler Robbins for earning alternate spots. Some of these students will now move on to record for the TMEA All-State Orchestra audition process this Saturday. We wish you luck with your recording!!!
Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for your continued support of the AHS Orchestra!!!