1. ALLIANCE AIRSHOW HELP NEEDED
2. SYMPHONY HONOR CONCERT
3. UTA VISIT PERMISSION SLIP DUE
4. TRIP CONTRACT & DEPOSIT
5. FALL OFFICER ELECTIONS
6. PRACTICE JOURNALS DUE
1. ALLIANCE AIRSHOW HELP NEEDED: Alliance Airshow is coming up, and WE NEED YOU! The airshow is October 28-29, and we need about 30 volunteers each day from 8a-5p to staff our two concession booths. Provided we are fully staffed, volunteers generally have time to enjoy the airshow when it is slow, and this is a great opportunity to train on the systems used at Colonial in the spring! Please follow the link below to sign up for a shift. If you have any questions, please email Mr. Torres at email@example.com.
2. SYMPHONY HONOR CONCERT: we invite you to join the AHS Symphony Orchestra for an Honor Concert in Irons Recital Hall at UTA on Wednesday, October 11. LD Bell performs at 7p, Lamar at 7:30p, and AHS at 8p. Admission is free! SYMPHONY MEMBERS, see the email sent separately for details about parking, etc.
3. UTA VISIT PERMISSION SLIP DUE: a reminder that permission slips for our October 17 UTA college tour and rehearsal are due Tuesday! See Charms for a copy of the form. Remember your form so you don’t miss out!!!
4. TRIP CONTRACT & DEPOSIT: did you have a busy week and forget to turn in your New Orleans trip contract and deposit?!? Turn it in to Mr. Goins on Tuesday, and we’ll still take it! This is going to be an awesome trip; don’t miss out!!! Other specific arrangements made with Mr. Goins are still valid.
5. FALL OFFICER ELECTIONS: it’s time to elect our 9th Grade & class representatives to fill out our Orchestra Council! Fall applications are due by Wednesday, and elections will take place Thursday and Friday in class. See the application (available on Charms) for complete details.
6. PRACTICE JOURNALS DUE: a reminder that practice journals are due the first class day this week.
Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for your support of the AHS Orchestra!!!