1. RED WAGON DONATIONS
2. UNITED SOUND APPLICATIONS
3. ALL-REGION ENTRIES
4. ALLIANCE AIRSHOW
5. BOOSTER CLUB MEETING
1. RED WAGON DONATIONS: one of our Homecoming traditions at AHS is for organizations to collect money to purchase school supplies for kids in need in our community. Donations are loaded in wagons that are part of a parade at the Homecoming pep rally. Orchestra collects money to buy markers, and we have been able to clean out multiple stores each of the past few years, thanks to the incredible generosity of the AHS Orchestra students. Donations will be collected next week during class, Monday through Thursday. Let’s help our future Colts!!!
2. UNITED SOUND APPLICATIONS: we are looking for United Sound mentors! What is United Sound? It is an ensemble that meets after school once a week to provide instrumental instruction to students with special needs through peer mentoring. AHS is proud to have been the first school in Texas to offer a United Sound ensemble, and we need great Orchestra students to serve as mentors to our new musicians. Applications are due Tuesday, September 25. Want to see what United Sound is all about? Visit http://ahsorchestra.com/media/ to see some videos and news stories about this wonderful opportunity.
3. ALL-REGION ENTRIES: students interested in auditioning for the All-Region Orchestra need to submit their entry form by Friday, September 28. Entry forms may be found in the Orchestra Hall, or on Charms. It is very important that students follow the step-by-step instructions on the entry form carefully, so that we are able to enter you. All-Region entry fees are covered by the Orchestra Activity Fee.
4. ALLIANCE AIRSHOW: it is time for the Alliance Airshow, and WE NEED YOU…and your neighbors, friends, ANYONE willing to help! We need 30-35 people each day. This is a GREAT opportunity to train for Colonial, see the airshow, and help the AHS Orchestra! Please sign up by going to http://ahsorchestra.com/forms-docs/ and clicking the link for Alliance Airshow Volunteer Signup.
5. BOOSTER CLUB MEETING: our first Booster Club meeting of the year is Tuesday, September 25, at 7:00p in the AHS Orchestra Hall! Come be a part of helping us have an awesome year, get to know other parents, and get involved. See you there!
Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for your continued support of the AHS Orchestra!