1. ORCHESTRA MEETINGS (REQUIRED)
2. REGISTRATION DAY (REQUIRED)
5. REGION MUSIC AVAILABLE
6. SYMPHONY PM REHEARSALS
7. HOWDY PARTY
1. ORCHESTRA MEETINGS (REQUIRED): a reminder that ALL students are REQUIRED to attend an Orchestra Meeting next week with a parent. Meetings are at 7p in the AHS Cafeteria on Tuesday (9/4) for 9th graders, and Wednesday (9/5) for 10-12 graders. Students/parents with a conflict on their meeting day may attend the other meeting. We look forward to seeing everyone next week!
2. REGISTRATION DAY (REQUIRED): a reminder that ALL students are REQUIRED to attend Registration Day on Saturday, 9/8. Students will sign up for times via the AHS Orchestra website (times are between 9a and 1p). Registration Day will be in the AHS Orchestra Hall.
3. PRACTICING: all students now have music, are receiving both technique and music assignments each class day, and should be practicing most days. Students with their own instruments should be taking them home daily. Students waiting for a school instrument can still practice by singing, and familiarizing themselves with their parts by going over finger patterns and rhythms. We appreciate any help parents can provide making sure students are practicing! Practice Journals will begin soon.
4. TISSUES: we need tissues for the Orchestra Hall!!! If you would be willing to donate a box, please send it in with your child any time. Thank you in advance!
5. REGION MUSIC AVAILABLE: All-Region audition music is now available on Charms. We encourage any student interested in auditioning for All-Region Orchestra to download the music and begin working on it. Deadlines for entry will be released soon.
6. SYMPHONY PM REHEARSALS: Symphony PM rehearsals are the first school day of the week from 4-6p, and start next week! These weekly rehearsals allow us to make up some of the rehearsal time lost by not requiring students to double block, and are required of all Symphony members. See you Tuesday afternoon!
7. HOWDY PARTY: mark your calendars for our next social event, the Howdy Party!!! Friday, 9/14, from 5-7p at Pantego Park. More details in next week’s update email!
Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for your support of the AHS Orchestra!