1. SPRING CONCERT
2. BOOSTER MEETING
3. ALL-REGION HOSTING
4. PASSOFFS & PRACTICE
5. SYMPHONY CLINIC
1. SPRING CONCERT: our Spring Concert date is now set, and will be Tuesday, May 9, 2017 for ALL groups. Due to facility availability at AHS, our Spring Concert will be at Fielder Church. Concert start time will remain 7:00 pm, with student call times to be announced at a later date.
2. BOOSTER MEETING: we hope to see you at our next booster meeting on Tuesday, January 24, at 7:00 pm in the AHS Orchestra Hall!
3. ALL-REGION HOSTING: AHS is hosting All-Region Orchestra again this year, and we need lots of student help to make this event a great experience! Sign up sheets are available in the orchestra hall. This is a great service hour opportunity!!!
4. PASSOFFS & PRACTICE: our new cycle of passoffs has begun. Students are encouraged to complete their passoffs early. The deadline for the completion of all passoffs for the 4th six weeks is 2:50 pm on Tuesday, February 7.
Students should be practicing every day to help their group make the most progress possible. To help facilitate this, students are expected to take home instruments and binders every day, and this is being checked periodically.
Practice journal assignments are being given every class to help students organize their practice. The first practice journals for the 4th six weeks are due next week.
5. SYMPHONY CLINIC: all members of Symphony Orchestra have a clinic Monday, January 23, from 4-6 pm. Any conflicts must be discussed with Mr. Goins ASAP so that we can try to help you make arrangements to attend.
Please let us know if you have any questions, and as always, thank you for your continued support of the AHS Orchestra!