- GENERAL INFORMATION
- FORMAL PERFORMANCE UNIFORM
- STUDENT CALL TIMES
- USHERS NEEDED
- MAPS & MAP LINKS
- GENERAL INFORMATION: our Fall Concert is Wednesday, October 3, at 7:00p at UTA. Due to construction at AHS, our concert is in Irons Recital Hall in the Music Building at UTA. Please see below for information about parking and maps. Be aware that Irons is a smaller venue than the AHS auditorium, and we will likely be close to capacity. We encourage you to make a new friend and share an armrest!
- FORMAL PERFORMANCE UNIFORM: students must wear their formal performance uniform for this concert. PLEASE try on your uniforms this weekend, and come to us with any problems Monday. We will not be able to help any student with a uniform issue on the day of the concert. A reminder that students must wear DRESS SHOES (and black socks for guys). See the AHS Orchestra Handbook for dress shoe/sock requirements.
- INSTRUMENTS: students are responsible for bringing their own instruments. Cello and bass students should arrange to bring their school instruments unless they have a personal instrument of a quality that allows for the best tone and performance. The only equipment that directors will be bringing are bass stools, and rockstops for cello/bass.
- CONCERT CALL TIMES: call time means students are in uniform, unpacked, and in place for rehearsal or the startof the concert by the stated time. PLEASE GIVE YOURSELF EXTRA TIME FOR THIS CONCERT!!! Students in Concert Orchestra (both Concert 2 and Concert 3) must be on stage, ready to begin rehearsal, by 6p. All other students must be in place by 6:30p. ALL STUDENTS will unpack in MB 115, and have been instructed where to go after uncasing. Students must stay until the end of the concert.
- PARKING: UTA will open the West Campus Garage as “Event Parking” for AHS. Please see the attached map (and link below) for the exact location of the West Campus Garage. It is VERY important that you ONLY park in the West Campus Garage. Parking anywhere else will likely result in a ticket and/or towing, and AHS will not be able to help you resolve any such issues. Feel free to drop students off at the Music Building before going to park.
- USHERS NEEDED: we need concert ushers for this event. If you would be interested in serving as an usher, please let Mr. Goins know, and I will pass your name on.
- MAPS & MAP LINKS: maps showing the West Campus Garage, Music Building, and locations inside of the Music Building are attached (will also be posted to Charms and ahsorchestra.com). You may also use the links below to open the listed locations directly in Google maps:
We are excited for the students to showcase the progress they’ve made in a very short time at the beginning of this year! A huge THANK YOU to Dr. Evans and the UTA School of Music for hosting our performances this semester!!!
Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for your support of the AHS Orchestra!