2. TURKEY BASH
3. ALLIANCE THANKS
4. ALL-STATE RESULTS
5. NOVEMBER BOOSTER MEETING
1. PRACTICE: our Winter Concerts are QUICKLY approaching, and will be here before you realize it! Parents should be hearing every student practicing at home using slow, deliberate tempos, breaking skills down into small sections, and using tuners and metronomes. Students receive an assignment every class. ALSO, students can earn EXTRA CREDIT every two weeks in orchestra, simply by practicing more!
A reminder that students are expected to take their instruments home after EVERY class. We’ve seen a few more lonely instruments left in lockers recently; TAKE THEM HOME!
2. TURKEY BASH: it’s time for TURKEY BASH!!! FRIDAY, November 17 in the MAC! Have an awesome Thanksgiving feast with your AHS Orchestra family! Have a blast with a GIANT inflatable obstacle course, bungee run, 9 square, and a piñata! Bring frisbees and footballs to throw with your friends! FRIDAY is the deadline to sign up (in the Orchestra Hall). Students must bring a side dish (determined by grade level), and MUST wear their current orchestra shirt. More details will be sent in next week’s update email. DON’T FORGET TO SIGN UP!!!
3. ALLIANCE THANKS: a huge thanks to EVERYONE who helped out at the Alliance Air Show!!! It was an incredibly successful weekend for the booster club, and we could not have done it without AMAZING students and parents helping out! We’ll see you in May for Colonial!!!
4. ALL-STATE RESULTS: congratulations to Hannah L for earning a spot in the All-State Orchestras for a third year!!! Hannah recorded an audition of professional level etudes and excerpts that was judged against auditions from across the state of Texas. Student musicians who earn a spot in one of the Texas All-State Orchestras are truly among the Best of the Best. To make All-State one year is a significant accomplishment, and to earn a spot across multiple years is a testament to Hannah’s dedication and hard work. Bravo!!!
5. NOVEMBER BOOSTER MEETING: the booster club has decided to cancel the meeting originally on the calendar for November 14. The next meeting will be January 30, 2018. Hope to see you there!
Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for your continued support of the AHS Orchestra!!!