3. SPRING TRIP
4. FWSO REHEARSAL
1. PASSOFFS: passoffs, the system used for playing assessments at AHS, will begin for all classes next week. Students received details in class last week, and should be practicing to be ready to demonstrate mastery on their first try!
2. MASQUERADE: our next social event is NEXT FRIDAY, 10/26, from 5-7p in the AHS Orchestra Hall!!! The Masquerade is our AHS Orchestra Halloween party, with food, fun, games, a haunted maze, an escape room, a pumpkin decorating contest, and a (school appropriate, please) costume contest. Guys bring drinks, girls bring snacks. All students must wear their 2018-2019 AHS Orchestra shirt UNLESS they are wearing a (school appropriate) costume. See you there for a spooky good time!
3. SPRING TRIP: a reminder that the trip contract, first payment, and scholarship applications for our San Antonio trip are due November 1. Of course, you can always turn them in early!
4. FWSO REHEARSAL: the AHS Orchestra will be going to an open rehearsal of the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra on Friday, November 9!!! Eligible students who have turned in all of their forms will travel by school bus to this wonderful opportunity, and will return before the end of the school day. Details will be given out in classes next week!
5. PRACTICE: ALL students should be practicing most days! We appreciate any help parents can give encouraging great practice habits at home. You should hear your child going slow, repeating small passages in the music, playing finger patterns, watching themselves in mirrors or via their phones, and possibly even singing. They should be using tuners to help train their ears. Time spent learning their parts NOW helps their group make the most progress possible.
Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for your continued support of the AHS Orchestra!!!