1. BANQUET RSVP DUE
2. PICTURES NEEDED
3. UNIFORMS DUE
4. ORCHESTRA COUNCIL APPLICATION DUE
5. UTA SUMMER STRINGS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DUE
6. PASSOFF DEADLINE
7. FINAL PLAYING ASSESSMENT
1. BANQUET RSVP DUE: a reminder that banquet RSVP forms are due WEDNESDAY (5/9)! Student ticket cost is covered in your Orchestra Fee, so make sure you return your form. Guests are only $10 each. Don’t miss out on our awesome celebration of the 2017-2018 school year!!!
2. PICTURES NEEDED: our officers want to make sure this year’s Memories show at the banquet is AMAZING, and they need your help! Please send pictures from any AHS Orchestra event to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Orchestra pictures,” by FRIDAY, May 11. SENIORS, make sure you send your baby & senior pics ASAP!!!
3. UNIFORMS DUE: all uniforms are due by FRIDAY, May 11. Students must turn the uniform in directly to a director so that it can be checked in. Uniforms do not need to be dry-cleaned prior to return, as the final dry-cleaning is covered in your Orchestra Fee. After Friday, students who have not yet returned their uniform will be added to the list of students owing fines & fees.
4. ORCHESTRA COUNCIL APPLICATION DUE: Orchestra Council applications are due FRIDAY, May 11! If you want to serve your fellow AHS Orchestra students and help them have an AWESOME experience, you might be a great candidate for the Orchestra Council. Interviews will be scheduled after all applications are submitted.
5. UTA SUMMER STRINGS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DUE: our AMAZING booster club is offering up to eight tuition scholarships to attend UTA Summer Strings, the wonderful summer orchestra camp that is conveniently just down the road on the UTA campus! Applications for this fantastic opportunity are due FRIDAY, May 11!
6. PASSOFF DEADLINE: a reminder that the deadline for Passoff 6.1 is 2:50p on FRIDAY, May 11. We will be listening in class on Thursday and Friday of this week, and students are welcome to arrange to come in during Plus. Practice so that you are ready!
7. FINAL PLAYING ASSESSMENT: final playing assessments for all students except Seniors will begin in class next week. Students are receiving time during class this week to practice. Please see the information included with the music for what students in each class must prepare. A reminder that final playing assessment performances will also be used to determine placement in next year’s AHS Orchestra for those students continuing.
Watch for a separate Colonial Special update email with details about this incredibly important upcoming event. Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for your continued support of the AHS Orchestra!