2. OFFICER APPLICATIONS
3. SPRING FLING
5. SOLO & ENSEMBLE CONGRATULATIONS
1. PRACTICE: students now have all of their Spring Concert music, and should be practicing at home EVERY DAY. With upcoming testing, we have two good weeks to prepare, making it critical that students are learning their parts outside of class, and as soon as possible. We appreciate any encouragement parents can give in helping this happen.
Students will receive their new passoff assignments for the 6th six weeks in class Monday/Tuesday, to begin the week of April 24 and to be completed by May 5.
2. OFFICER APPLICATIONS: applications for the Orchestra Council for 2017-2018 are now available!!! Interested students are encouraged to pick up a packet in the Orchestra Hall (also available on Charms). Applications and any campaign posters/videos are due by 3:00 pm Friday, April 21.
3. SPRING FLING: our next social event is coming up on Friday, April 21, from 5-7 pm in the AHS Orchestra Hall!!! Food, fun, and an ice cream sundae bar! Girls bring food, guys bring drinks. Wear your orchestra shirt. Come be part of the fun!!!
4. COLONIAL: it is time to get volunteers for Colonial!!! This is our big fundraiser for the year that allows us to provide awesome opportunities to the orchestra students without year-round fundraising…and we need LOTS OF VOLUNTEERS to make it happen!!! Colonial is the week of May 22-28. The directors will be helping Mrs. Hays coordinate volunteers, so please email the directors if you or anyone you know can help with one or more days of this event. PLEASE DON’T WAIT…CONTACT US TODAY!!!
5. SOLO & ENSEMBLE CONGRATULATIONS: a HUGE congratulations to all of the AHS Orchestra students who participated in our cluster Solo & Ensemble on April 8!!! Everyone represented AHS incredibly well. A special thanks to the awesome students who helped run the event!!!
Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for your continued support of the AHS Orchestra!!!