1. TRIP MEETING DATE CHANGE
2. SOLO & ENSEMBLE
4. SENIOR SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY
1. TRIP MEETING DATE CHANGE: the trip meeting has been moved to Tuesday, April 3, at 7:00 pm. A reminder that all students participating in the New Orleans trip are required to attend this meeting with a parent. We will review all details and expectations for trip participants.
2. SOLO & ENSEMBLE: solo & ensemble is Saturday, April 14! Students will receive entry forms when we return from spring break. ALL academically eligible students will participate with a small ensemble that will be prepared during class. Students received music options in class this week, and should begin learning their parts over the break.
3. COLONIAL: Colonial is closer than it appears, and we need a small army of volunteers to make this a successful event! Dates are May 21-27, with volunteers needed mainly May 23-27. While students are ABSOLUTELY welcome to help on the weekend, and we WILL need them, we need LOTS of adults for the weekdays AND weekend!!! Watch for more details about how to sign up starting after spring break!
4. SENIOR SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY: the Jennifer Lemin Memorial Fund is offering scholarships for seniors graduating from any AISD high school who are planning to major in music or education. Jennifer Lemin was a graduate of the AHS Orchestra who went on to become a beloved orchestra director. Interested students should visit https://www.jenniferleminmemorialfund.org/application for more information and to apply.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We hope you have a wonderful spring break, and thank you for your continued support of the AHS Orchestra!!!