1. TRIP MEETING
2. UIL CONCERT & SIGHT-READING RESULTS
3. SOLO & ENSEMBLE INFORMATION
1. TRIP MEETING: a reminder that the Branson trip meeting is Tuesday, March 7, at 7:00 pm in the AHS Auditorium. ALL students going on the Branson trip are REQUIRED to attend WITH a parent/guardian. We will review details of the itinerary, expectations, etc.
A reminder to chaperones that we will have a chaperone meeting at 6:00 pm in the AHS Orchestra Hall before the general trip meeting.
2. UIL CONCERT & SIGHTREADING RESULTS: last week, multiple AHS Orchestra ensembles participated in the UIL Region 5 Orchestra Concert & Sight-reading Evaluation at Bowie HS. Each of the groups involved demonstrated great skill and significant progress, giving wonderful stage performances of their prepared program, as well as musical readings of a new piece in the sight-reading room. In a year of exceedingly difficult judging, the AHS groups came away with evaluations that were among the more impressive of the event. Philharmonia, Sinfonia, and Philharmonic Orchestras all earned an “Excellent” for their stage performances, and a “Superior” for their sight-reading. Symphony gave exceptionally brilliant performances both on stage and in sight-reading, earning a “Superior” for both. We are incredibly proud of the students not only for their mature performances, but also for how they represented AHS throughout the entire process. Their response to this year’s judging has been particularly mature, and we are incredibly proud of the students for keeping their focus on what matters.
3. SOLO & ENSEMBLE INFORMATION: our AHS Cluster Solo & Ensemble is quickly approaching on Saturday, April 8. Students are getting information this week in class, and entires will be due by Friday, March 24.
Most of our classes will be participating in a chamber music group project in class. While the culmination of this unit will be an in-class performance for their peers, we encourage all students to also participate in solo & ensemble with these chamber groups. Chamber music performance is a wonderful vehicle to more mature musicianship, and our hope is that as many students as possible take advantage of this opportunity.
Please let us know if you have any questions, and as always, thank you for your continued support of the AHS Orchestra!!!