1. BOOSTER CLUB MEETING
2. REGION HOSTING
3. PRIVATE LESSONS
1. BOOSTER CLUB MEETING: our next Booster Club meeting is Tuesday, January 19, at 7:00 pm in Keefer Hall. We hope to see you there!!!
2. REGION HOSTING: we are hosting the All-Region Orchestra clinic/concert at AHS this weekend, Friday, January 22 and Saturday, January 23. We will need a lot of student help to run this event, especially with setup and tear-down. Students will have the opportunity to sign up during class this week. Parents can help by donating items for the hospitality room (cookies, water, soda), or by helping with the hospitality room. If you are interested, contact Lynne Barnes or Mr. Goins and we will get you the information.
3. PRIVATE LESSONS: we have found a bass teacher, and believe we have found an additional violin/viola teacher and a cello teacher. We need to determine if there is enough interest. If you are still interested in private lessons, please submit a new lesson request to the directors by the end of the week. These forms will be available to students in class, or are available in the handouts section on Charms.
4. PRACTICE: we are in full swing preparing our next concert cycle! We appreciate parents continuing to encourage students to practice at home. Students continue to receive specific assignments each class, and to have Practice Journals to complete and turn in every two weeks. The next practice journals are due the first class day this week.
5. PASSOFFS: students have received their new passoff cycle for the 4th six weeks. We encourage students to try to complete passoffs early in the six weeks, rather than waiting until the end of the six weeks.
Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for your continued support of the AHS Orchestra!!!