1. SOLO & ENSEMBLE INFORMATION
2. NYC PAYMENT DUE
3. NYC HOTEL SIGN-UP
4. WINTER CONCERT DVDs
5. SYMPHONY REHEARSALS
1. SOLO & ENSEMBLE INFORMATION: students will be given information regarding Solo & Ensemble this week. This year, students will have two options for Solo & Ensemble. UIL S&E, which is quickly approaching (February 6), requires students pick their music off of a limited prescribed music list. Students who have already been working on their solo and are basically performance ready at this point may want to consider the UIL S&E event. We will also have an AHS Cluster S&E for grades 5-12 in April. This event will provide students with much greater flexibility, both in music selection and with preparation time. We strongly encourage students to participate in the Cluster S&E unless they are already performance ready.
Entries for UIL S&E will be due THIS FRIDAY, with no extensions of that deadline possible.
2. NYC PAYMENT DUE: the next payment for the NYC trip is scheduled to be due our first day back, January 6. Please turn in payments by the end of this week.
3. NYC HOTEL SIGN-UP: students will be signing up for their hotel rooms at the beginning of next week. Four students will be in a room (no mixed gender), so students should start figuring out with whom they would like to sign-up. More details will be given in class.
4. WINTER CONCERT DVDs: if you ordered a Winter Concert DVD, those will be delivered to students in class as soon as they are done. The holiday break has caused a delay, but we are told they will be delivered soon. If you did not order a DVD and would still like to do so, the order form is available on the Forms & Docs page of ahsorchestra.com.
5. SYMPHONY REHEARSALS: rehearsals for the Symphony Orchestra will remain on B days with a 7 am downbeat, and will begin again next Monday.
We hope you had a wonderful, restful break, and Happy New Year!!! Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for your continued support of the AHS Orchestra!