1. FWSO OPEN REHEARSAL
3. PRACTICE JOURNALS
4. REGION HELP
5. NEED TISSUES
6. SYMPHONY REHEARSAL
1. FWSO OPEN REHEARSAL: we have the wonderful opportunity for AHS Orchestra students to attend an open dress rehearsal of the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra on Friday, February 2, during the school day!!! Students were given information in class this week (also available on Charms). Permission slips are due back no later than NEXT Friday, January 19.
2. PASSOFFS: passoffs for the fourth six weeks begin next week. Students received their assignments in class this week.
3. PRACTICE JOURNALS: students were notified this week of a change to practice journals effective with the current journal. Practice journals are now an extra credit opportunity. Students must complete a minimum of five practice sessions and the reflection questions to receive 50 points of extra credit, and may complete additional sessions for 10 additional points each (up to ten total sessions for a 100). Journals are still due on the first class day after each two week cycle, and must be turned in on the day due for credit. STUDENTS SHOULD STILL BE PRACTICING DAILY!!! The journals are still a tool we encourage students to use to organize their practice.
4. REGION HELP: AHS is hosting the TMEA Region 5 All-Region Orchestra on January 19-20, and we need a lot of student help to make it happen! Sign ups for student helpers are posted in the Orchestra Hall. This is an approved service hour opportunity. Officers will receive a separate email with details. Sign up ASAP!!!
5. NEED TISSUES: cold and flu season is here and the Orchestra Hall is in need of tissues! Students may bring in any donations of tissue boxes at any time. Thank you!!!
6. SYMPHONY REHEARSAL: a reminder that Symphony has required rehearsal Tuesday from 4-6p. See you then!
Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for your continued support of the AHS Orchestra!!!