1. SPRING CONCERT INFO
2. SENIOR RECOGNITION
3. BANQUET INFO
4. LEADERSHIP ELECTIONS
5. ROCKESTRA & MONDAY SYMPHONY REHEARSAL
1. SPRING CONCERT INFO: our Spring Concerts are THIS WEEK!!! All groups other than Symphony perform Tuesday, May 10. Symphony performs Wednesday, May 11. Both concerts start at 7:00 pm. Student call times are as follows: Chaccone/Concert @ 5:00 pm, Philharmonia/Sinfonia/Philharmonic @ 6:30 pm, and Symphony @ 6:00 pm. Students will wear their formal performance uniforms, and need to bring a change of clothes with them. After the concert is over, ALL students will change and turn in their uniforms BEFORE leaving.
Students can earn extra credit by attending the concert in which they are not performing, and/or for attending the Junior High concerts on Thursday, May 12. Students must have their ID scanned both upon arriving and leaving the concert to receive extra credit.
2. SENIOR RECOGNITION: we are looking forward to recognizing our Seniors at the May 11 concert!!! A reminder that Senior Recognition forms are due TOMORROW, Monday, May 9. In addition to the information requested on the form, we would like to invite seniors to list their proudest high school accomplishment (does not have to be related to orchestra). If you have already turned in your form, please see Mr. Goins to add this information.
3. BANQUET INFO: if anyone who wanted to attend the banquet did not turn in their form & money by Friday, we will accept them Monday. This is your last chance, so don’t miss out!
PARENTS, we need your help decorating the AHS Cafeteria for the banquet!!! If you are available to help, please email Lynne Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org and be at AHS at 3:00 pm on Saturday, May 14.
4. LEADERSHIP ELECTIONS: leadership elections will take place THIS WEEK!!! Campaign videos are up (visit ahsorchestra.com to find the link), interviews will happen during class in the second half of this week, and elections will take place in class Thursday and Friday. Any student who will miss class Thursday or Friday due to AP testing should see the directors to vote. Results will be announced at the Spring Banquet!
5. ROCKESTRA & MONDAY SYMPHONY REHEARSAL: Rockestra is canceled for this week due to a change in our after-school rehearsal for Symphony. SYMPHONY, a reminder that we have a REQUIRED rehearsal Monday from 4-6 pm, ON STAGE. Any Symphony members who can help set up the stage after school Monday, we would appreciate your help so that everything can be ready for a 4 pm downbeat.
6. COLONIAL: Colonial is QUICKLY approaching, and WE NEED LOTS OF HELP!!! This is our big fundraiser for the year, and the event that allows us to avoid the carousel of fundraisers that are necessary for most organizations. Please watch for a separate email soon about how you can help!
Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for your continued support of the AHS Orchestra!