1. PASSOFFS BEGIN MONDAY
2. BOOSTER MEETING TUESDAY
3. SENIOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS DUE
4. SPRING CONCERT
5. MY SHOT AUDITIONS
6. COLONIAL VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
1. PASSOFFS BEGIN MONDAY: a reminder that our passoffs for the 6th six weeks will begin in class next week, and must be completed by 3pm on Friday, May 5. Make sure you are PRACTICING so that you are ready to demonstrate that you know your part on your first try!
2. BOOSTER MEETING TUESDAY: our last booster meeting of the year is Tuesday, April 25, at 7:00 pm in the AHS Orchestra Hall. ALL parents are welcome, and we hope to see a great turnout to finish the year strong!!!
3. SENIOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS DUE: did you know that the AHS Orchestra Boosters awards senior scholarships every year?!? All orchestra seniors received an application packet this week, and we encourage EVERY student to apply. Applications are due by 3pm Tuesday, April 25, and seniors should be careful to follow the clear instructions provided in the packet. Late applications will not be considered, and applications that do not follow the instructions will be disqualified.
4. SPRING CONCERT: our Spring Concert is quickly approaching, Tuesday, May 9 at 7:00 pm at Fielder Church!!! All groups will perform on this concert, which will feature our second performance by United Sound, as well as our annual Senior Solos and Senior Recognition. Admission is free, so invite your friends!
5. MY SHOT AUDITIONS: we are in search of a dynamic student performer to fill the role of Alexander Hamilton for Philharmonic’s performance of My Shot at the Spring Concert!!! We need someone who has the unique performance skills necessary to cover the vocals at a high level of quality, and would love to feature a student with the orchestra. To find our Hamilton, we’re holding open auditions in two rounds. Interested students should refer to the information packet available in the Orchestra Hall, on Charms, and on ahsorchestra.com, for details. We’re looking forward to seeing your videos for Round 1!
6. COLONIAL VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: it’s Colonial time!!! This is our one HUGE fundraiser for the year, and the event that allows us to avoid the perpetual fundraising cycle enjoyed by most organizations. WE NEED YOU!!! This event requires A LOT of volunteers. Colonial runs from May 22-28. We need the most volunteers in the second half of the week, with ALL HANDS ON DECK for the weekend!!! The directors are helping Mrs. Hays organize volunteers, so if you OR anyone you know would like more information, and/or are available to help, please contact the directors AS SOON as you can!
Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for your continued support of the AHS Orchestra!