- SPRING BANQUET
- UNIFORMS & SCHOOL INSTRUMENTS DUE
- FINAL PLAYING ASSESSMENT
- SPRING BANQUET: the Spring Banquet is THIS FRIDAY, May 3, at AHS!!! We are so excited to celebrate the year with great fellowship, awards, and fun! Doors open at 5:30p, dinner will be served at 6p, and festivities will end at 10p. WE NEED HELP SETTING UP!!! If you can help, please meet in the AHS Cafeteria Friday at 3p. Students and parents are both welcome to help!
- UNIFORMS & SCHOOL INSTRUMENTS DUE: uniforms and school instruments MUST be returned NO LATER THAN Friday, May 17. Uniforms do not need to be dry-cleaned, only returned complete and undamaged. Please DO NOT simply leave an instrument or uniform in the Orchestra Hall and consider it checked in. You MUST check uniforms and instruments in directly to a director, who will then give you instructions.
- FINAL PLAYING ASSESSMENT: a reminder that final playing assessments will take place in class starting next week. These performances will also serve as placement evaluations for students who will be in orchestra next year.
- COLONIAL: we still need more volunteers for Colonial!!! PLEASE help us recruit people to help us make this event a success! Watch for an email in the next few days specifically about Colonial, and let us know if you have any questions!
- GRADUATION: a reminder that graduation is on Saturday, June 8, and is REQUIRED of members of Symphony and Philharmonic. We are currently coordinating details about music and rehearsals with the band, and will get that information to students as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that a rehearsal during the week between the last day of school and graduation is VERY likely.
Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for your support of the AHS Orchestra!
- COLONIAL VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- SPRING CONCERT
- SPRING BANQUET
- ORCHESTRA COUNCIL APPLICATIONS
- UTA SUMMER STRINGS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS
- PICTURES NEEDED
- COLONIAL VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: May 22-26 is closer than it appears, and WE NEED YOUR HELP!!! We need adults from OUTSIDE of the AHS Orchestra families, and we need you to help recruit them! Watch for the Colonial special update emails that will be coming out frequently over the next few weeks for more details. THANK YOU FOR HELPING US HAVE ANOTHER GREAT YEAR @ COLONIAL!!!
- SPRING CONCERT: we are excited to close out the 2018-2019 performance calendar with our Spring Concert, returning the AHS Auditorium, on Friday, May 3, at 7p!!! Come hear a collection of radio favorites, classic rock songs, and movie hits, along with our annual Senior Soloists and recognition of the Class of 2019. Formal performance uniform for students. Call times for each class are being announced in class.
- SPRING BANQUET: our Spring Banquet, celebrating an awesome 2018-2019 school year, is coming up on Friday, May 10, in the AHS Cafeteria. Doors open at 5:30p, and a wonderful dinner catered by Abuelo’s will be served at 6p, followed by our awards ceremony, and a dance for the kids! RSVP forms are going home in class this week. Student tickets are included in the Orchestra Fee, but students MUST RSVP to attend. Guests are $10 each. RSVP forms are due NO LATER than Thursday, May 2. Tickets WILL NOT be available at the door. Don’t miss the fun!!!
- ORCHESTRA COUNCIL APPLICATIONS: orchestra officer applications are now available! Interested students should first read the description of responsibilities and expectations on the first page of the application, and then complete and submit the application NO LATER than Thursday, May 2. Interviews will take place during the week of May 6, and the core group of student leaders for the 2019-2020 school year will be announced at the Spring Banquet, along with elections for President.
- UTA SUMMER STRINGS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS: applications for tuition scholarships to the UTA Summer Strings camp are now available! Interested students should read the requirements, and then complete and submit the application and essay NO LATER than Thursday, May 2. This is a great opportunity for some quality summer study!
- PICTURES NEEDED: do you have pictures from any orchestra events this year?? We want them!!! Send pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. SENIORS, we need your baby picture and senior picture, as well! Send them to the same address, with your name indicated, or bring them to the directors if you need help with scanning.
Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for your continued support of the AHS Orchestra!
COLONIAL FUNDRAISER SPECIAL UPDATE
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Click here to sign up to volunteer at the 2019 Colonial Fundraiser.
All are welcome, and we need LOTS of help to make this happen! Please sign up so we can rely on YOU to help the AHS Orchestra students! Details will be sent to all volunteers via email prior to the day of your shift.
Shift ending times are set for 6:00 pm, but may go later depending on delays in the tournament schedule. (rain delays, etc.)
Students may NOT work during times they are scheduled to be in class. They are allowed to work during their off period.
Location: Colonial Golf Course